Tips on How to Get Ready for a Bikini in Two Weeks
There are several events or time of year that really scare the heck out of people. Whether it’s an upcoming vacation, because no one wants to look and feel like a blob while on vacation, or a class reunion or wedding coming up, or just plain summertime, when you simply cannot hide under bulky sweaters.
It has been proven that maintaining an active lifestyle truly enhances all areas of your life. That includes everything from being productive at work, having more energy, being in a better mood and having a better sex life. And who doesn’t want that, right? Even having said all of that, most people do not make their health and fitness a priority. It’s too easy to make up excuses. You need to stop giving yourself reasons to not do what it takes to live a healthy lifestyle.
So here’s the deal. I’m going to tell you exactly what you need to do to take inches off of your waist and get rid of some belly fat in just two weeks. You don’t ever need to feel hopeless that something is coming up in two weeks and you may actually not go because you don’t feel good about yourself.
Now, even though it’s very “simple” it may not be super easy for you to do these things because it will put you out of your comfort zone and get rid of all that junk you are eating. If you are ready to take on the challenge, well gosh, you’ll simply be amazed at how awesome you look and feel two weeks from now.
First of all I want to tell you about some things that you DON’T want to do. You don’t want to starve yourself. When you starve yourself your metabolism slows way down and can actually cause you to gain weight because your body won’t let you burn any fat. Your body will hold onto anything it possibly can.
You also don’t want to do slow cardio-based workouts like spending hours on an elliptical machine or running on a treadmill. High intensity cardio along with fully body resistance training will allow your body to burn 10 times the calories and in much less time.
Finally you don’t want to buy into the hype of the shakes and pills that promise miracle weight loss without changing a thing in their diet or lifestyle. It’s complete bologna and a waste of your money.
The first thing you want to do before and after any “bootcamp” style workout is a full body foam roll.
This video demonstrates how to do that. You can find a body foam roller just about anywhere that sporting goods are sold, as well as your typical online stores like Amazon, etc.
This one is called “Party of 5.” Today we’ve got 5 exercises that you’ll do for 5 rounds. Reps aren’t too high, so perform heavy weights or a hard version of the exercise. Push yourself here:
Dumbbell Renegade Row with T-Stabilization x 15 total
Wall Ball x 15
Grasshopper Push Ups x 15 (15 total push ups)
Jump Rope x 150
5 rounds as fast as possible, rest as needed. Rest 2 minutes after each round.
This is called The Power of 10.
21 minute workout today. As many rounds as possible in 21 minutes of the following circuit:
10 Slam Balls
10 Wall Balls
10 Squat Jumps
200 meter sprint (1/8th mile)
The 40 Second Fat Burner
Today is a 40-20 interval fat burning circuit – 40 seconds of work, 20 seconds of rest. You have 5 exercises, 4 rounds, non stop clock for a total of 20 minutes.
4 rounds, 40 seconds of work, 20 seconds of rest.
Today just do some light cardio, such and walking, and light yoga along with a fully body foam roll.
Now about your food intake. Here are a few rules to follow in order to achieve your desired results in a short amount of time:
- Get rid of all process sugars, wheat and dairy products. You will have better digestion, less bloating and feel less sluggish.
- Eat breakfast. Just as you’ve always been told, breakfast is the most important part of the day.
- Drink LOTS of water! How much? Just take whatever your current body weight is, and multiply that by .55. For instance, if you weigh 150, you would be drinking 82.50 oz. per day. If you weigh 200 lbs., you would be drinking 110 oz. per day.
- Since you will be working out so hard, you should eat 4 small meals. You body needs it for fuel.
- Snacking in-between meals as well. This doesn’t mean mindless eating at your computer, it means keeping your body energized throughout the day.
- Eat before going to bed. Yes, that’s right…something like a hard boiled egg and some greek yogurt would be great for your body.
- Make sure and plan ahead. Pack your meals before you go to bed for the next day. You don’t want to have an excuse that you ran out of time to fix your lunch so you need to go pick up some fast food.
Although this may be challenging, you will find that it is SO worth it.
Stay positive, and focus on the end result, which is a slimmer, confident, happier YOU!
If you need more assistance on finding a great diet plan, check out Isabel De Los Rios’s Diet Solution Program.
Filed under: Exercise and Fitness
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!